Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Double sleep

Okay, so yesterday afternoon we walked all over Berlin - which was great. It's a pretty incredible city. However, it was a lot of work to walk. We probably did 5 miles or so. Fun! When I got back to the hotel, I pretty much went to bed (9 p.m. Berlin time) - and SLEPT. I normally sleep six hours. I woke up naturally at 5 a.m., so after a good 8 hour sleep - then read for an hour. Reading made me tired and my bed was cozy, so I went back to sleep - and slept until 10 a.m.! Which was the hour I was supposed to meet my co-workers to head to work! AHHHH!

Fortunately they didn't call until 10:10, by which time I had showered and was half-dressed. I was downstairs at 10:18 with a ton of apologies. But that was 12 hours of sleep!

On the plus slide, I feel great today - no jet lag whatsoever. I don't plan to work out today, but maybe lift weights in the evening if I still feel great.

I'm also not meal-tracking this week - I'm not eating like mad, but it just isn't practical. Half the time I have no idea what I'm eating anyway, so it would be pretty inaccurate.

No comments: