Thursday, December 14, 2006

A rock 'n roll day!

So today is awesome.

First off, 5:40 a.m. I've got not one, not two, not even three - but FIVE running partners! That makes six of us total this morning, for those who are math-impaired. Isn't that awesome?

So then I go to spinning class because Danielle was teaching, and I listened to good music while spinning in a low-key sort of way (base training, yeah).

I was really nervous about work. It's been pretty awful lately, and today there was a big meeting that determined the fate of two of my features for the next release - features I really want to keep in the product!

So I had to argue - in a room of all men, of course - in favor of my features. And it wasn't easy. But an hour and a half later, I walked out of the room successful! Both of my features (that had been cut - this was the appeals meeting) - were approved.

THEN - I resolved a problem I had with a co-worker who had been very, very mean to me. I spoke to him directly and we worked it out. I know I feel a ton better.

So basically, I'm super-happy today. I hope you all are too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very productive training morning, as well as a good day at work. Not that we never have good days at work... But I know I do not come home every day saying, "man I had a good/great day at work." By the way, I am back from the void that is "Non-blog land", and have started posting once again!

I see you have your priorities straight with the doc on outdoor activites from your previous post! hehehe.

Murtha...

Kate said...

I love those days where everything is happy :-) Congratulations on kicking butt in the meeting!

LoneStarCrank said...

Empowerment rocks! Nice work!