Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm back

So it's been so long since I blogged that I couldn't remember my password.

I guess this is how most bloggers probably end: you mean to blog the next day, and the next, but you get busy, and you can't think of anything to say, so you sort of drift away.

Well, I've worked out for four days in a row now! That's more than anytime since I was training for the Ironman!

And I have to say, it feels good. I've been sleepy and tired too much lately, and as much as my weight is normal, I haven't felt strong and athletic. Then yesterday I spent a little time with a co-worker who wants to do his first half-Ironman, and I remembered that training is fun! Plus, on Wednesday I had dinner with the running girls, and two of them said they might do one of the Pacific Crest races....so it's time. I'm back, and I'm blogging.

I'm not 100% sure yet what goals I'm going to set; one of them is likely going to be "never exercise or train more than 10 hours a week in 2008." I want to keep the volume and commitment low; I just started a new job and I'm excited about that, and I want to continue to focus on the kids and hubby. We've been having a blast together as a family (four family members form a perfect Rock Band - game for the Xbox 360, in case you're unfamiliar) - and I think John and I are finding a balance between going out and partying and staying home and partying with the kids. It's working.

And I'm happy. Not every minute of every day, but definitely more happy than unhappy. I don't think I could really ask for more than that!

2 comments:

Judi said...

I was reading a lot of your IM training. I am glad you are back, hope to read some funny training posts.

Sherry said...

Hi Jessica! I started reading your blog a few weeks back when I decided that 2008 was the year tha I was going to turn myself into a triathlete! I'm glad to see that you're posting again, as your blog has brought me great inspiration during these initial stages of training. 'Blog' when you can and best of luck with you new job!!!