Friday, June 20, 2008

Gotta love a business trip...

where you come and go in the same day.

I'm in San Francisco right now. Specifically, the airport. I've actually spent more time in the airports today...and I will have spent 6 more time on the airplane, too, once I get home, than I did in the meeting I had.

Wake up 4:30 a.m.
Wake the entire family so they can bring me to the airport (because we only have one car right now that fits everyone and John won't let me drive his NSX...or leave it at the airport for a day).
Get on plane at 6:30. Suffer with Starbucks coffee instead of the good stuff.
Confuse cab driver on the way to my meeting.
Arrive at the SF office in time to walk to good coffee with one of the people I was meeting with. Yay, one good thing.
Have a productive meeting for 3 hours or so.
Go back to airport.
Fail to get on standby for an earlier flight home....so wait in the airport for three and a half hours.
That's where I am.

Looks like the flight on which I'm confirmed, though, is on time...can't wait to sit in my middle seat!

Anyway, at least everywhere I go there's internet access. And I'm sure I'll have a nice dinner with the family when I get home.

Then John and I are going to go see Above & Beyond tonight; hopefully that will be a good time.

Tomorrow I'm running the Komen 5K with Girls on the Run. I'm a running buddy to a great girl who actually can run a decent 5K - 30 minutes or so! So I'm very excited about that.

Just need to get out of this airport!!!

1 comment:

wendy said...

I'm flying out for biz tomorrow too, but I'm gone all week. yay for the whole hurry up and wait deal! =)

I hope the 5K is a ton of fun!