Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lowest weight in a long time...

And I've done less exercise than usual, too!

It's been a rainy week, so I skipped both my noon bike rides on Monday and Wednesday. Pretty much all I've done this week is run a total of 12 miles - two days of exercise - plus that CrossFit class.

And yet this morning, I stepped on the scale and got a huge shock. When I looked down, I thought it read 139.6. But something seemed off - I didn't have my contacts in, and the "9" looked weird. I stepped off the scale and lifted it up to my eyes so I could really read the numbers.

134.6.

No way. So I cleared the scale and stepped on again.

134.6.

WOW. The last time I was even as low as 136 was for like a day last November. I absolutely can't remember when I was below 135!

Obviously I have blown my 138-by-October-19 goal out of the water. Of course, I need to stay here for the next two weeks, and I'm not setting a new weight loss goal until then still.

I think the reason this is happening, though, is that I'm explicitly NOT training right now. I'm chill if I miss a workout. I'm not eating as if my stomach was a bottomless pit. And, frankly, all this dancing-all-night and missing sleep has an effect on my eating: I get stomachaches when I don't sleep enough and they make me unable to eat. (I know that's not a good thing...but it's the truth.)

This morning I put on my tightest pants. They're a little loose in the waist!

I have a sweater that I like to wear when I'm feeling my most thin. Unfortunately, when we were cleaning house to get ready to sell, I put it in storage. I might need to go get it out and see where I stand in relation to it.

I know I've said so many times here and to friends that endurance athletics and weight loss do not go well together. And here I am, living proof.

(Whatever will I do next year when I set a new endurance goal???)

4 comments:

Wes said...

Your body is probably jettisoning water it doesn't need to repair muscle tissue :-) Congrats!! That's awesome!!!

Kate said...

NICE work!! I definitely know what you mean about weight loss and endurance events. But endurance training and endurance eating are so FUN!

Alison said...

Since I've been injured and my workouts have basically been restricted to a few short swims a week, I've been losing weight like mad. In fact, now I'm at my lowest weight in literally YEARS.

But I would take training over being skinny in two seconds.

Unknown said...

I actually think you can lose weight during the base training portion of endurance training. That's what I'm doing right now. Last scale day I was down 5.5 pounds from my "start". I think it's harder, of course, but it sounds like you're still working out and eating smart.