Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's been a while!

Well, I'm definitely not a daily blogger anymore. But that's okay - I'm also not a daily exerciser. :-)

It's been so nice to not TRAIN and to just play. I run when I want, I dance all night, and I'm still doing that Crossfit thing.

Speaking of which: this week's Crossfit class totally played to my strengths. For our competition part, we had to do the following:

400 meter run
21 swings of the kettleball
12 pull-ups

...three times.

Right out of the gate, I was slightly ahead. Most of the other folks aren't runners, so I kind of figured even if they beat me on the first 400, they'd slow down on the subsequent ones and I might be able to take them.

Well, I kept my lead on the second-place person and gained time on the others when I was able to sprint the ends of my 400s. My heart rate maxed out at around 190, which is fairly insane - even on the 400s, the lowest it dropped was 175! So that was pretty nutty. And I won, with a time of exactly 10 minutes. The next-closest was three seconds behind me, and everyone else was a ways behind that.

I know: I am so competitive. I just am always proving to myself that I can do this! (Whatever "this" is at the moment.)

So in other news, I went to Arizona on Friday for the Pro Club to play show-and-tell with me. They were presenting the 20/20 Lifestyles program to benefits people from various companies, and the conference at which they were presenting was client focused, so they wanted to show off someone who had been through the program and had good success. Of course I was happy to do it; I love that stuff. So that was fun. And the Pro Club gave me a very generous gift card to the club, so now I get to shop in the Pro Shop or go to the spa or take classes or all of it. So yay!

4 comments:

wendy said...

That's awesome! I bet it was really inspiring to be there.

You crack me up w/ the crossfit. Some things never change.

Unknown said...

Not to sound -too- much like the typical man, but you are the most beautiful computer nerd I've ever seen. And being a computer nerd is worth like 600 points, so you're basically gorgeous AND awesome.

That is all. =)

Rachel said...

I get competitive over stupid things too. I was in AZ too! Wasn't it hot?

wendy said...

Helllooooo,

You have been busted for your recent inactivity. This account will self destruct in 48 hours if you don't let us know you're still alive.

Happy Halloween! =)