Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh wow. Serious pain!

Ow ow ow ow ow. I could barely get out of bed. I can't go up and down stairs (seriously - I took the elevator at work, which I NEVER do, not even when I'm wearing high heels). My legs hurt to the touch. Sitting down - especially on low things, like toilets - is excruciating.

But I ran four miles anyway, because frankly, running hurts about as much as walking, so why not?

And weirdly enough, our pace was somewhere between 9:15 and 9:30. I felt like I was running 12-minute miles - barely shuffling - but actually I was still running fairly well. It makes me wonder what my pace is when I just run by myself (like, no chatting with girls) and run whatever I want to do.

(Not, of course, that I'd give up a chatty run to test this. But I could add a solo run one day of the week to find out.)

So yeah, Crossfit. WOW. Like I needed bigger quads - but still. I sort of love it.

Even though John better not touch my legs in bed tonight. Yeah, the muscles hurt to the touch!

Crazy stuff, the things that happen when I've got to prove to the guys how strong I am. Of course, none of them were limping at work today.

Then again, none of them scored as high as I did, either!

3 comments:

Sara_J said...

My boyfriend (a trainer) had me do a 25-minute circuit last week (lunges, squats, jumps, etc.). I was out of commission for two days and more sore than when I ran a ten-miler the week before. It makes you realize that no matter how much you do something, there is still another muscle to be worked!
-DCTriGirl

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Rest up. Oh, and the recovery run is a great idea to reap gains from the workout pains. You're on the right track.

Stay tuned...

wendy said...

I know it sounds scary, but I keep hearing that ice baths are the way to go.