Tuesday, October 09, 2007

No goals

I'm so happy without goals.

Seriously! I know people say stuff like they have the blues after their big race, and need to set a new goal or look forward to a new race.

Well, not me. I was sure, actually, that I would feel like I wanted a new big goal. But honestly, it feels good just to run at whatever pace keeps me chatting with my girlfriends, bike for the joy of being on wheels in the fall air, and not swim at all.

I feel set free: one less stress in my life. I didn't realize how stressful training was until now. I really like being able to stay up as late as I want, whenever I want, and moving workouts around to accommodate my fun and family schedules instead of the other way around.

I like missing a workout and not worrying about how much it will set me back and when will I make it up.

And I love the way the weight is just coming off me! I feel great!

I know I'll want a new goal eventually - it's part of my personality - but for now, this is the life.

3 comments:

Wes said...

Enjoy, Ironman! You deserve it all :-)

Rainmaker said...

I know what ya mean. After I did the Marine Corps Marathon last year (last race of the year), it felt nice to just wander aimlessly doing casual runs and just 'have fun'.

Tammy said...

I'm with ya. I was happy to have no goals post-HIM. But weight did NOT fall off me. ha!

Having South Africa on the not-so-distant horizon has done wonders for my training motivation... apparently too much. ;)