Thursday, October 11, 2007

Run it all away

Yesterday was a BAD day. I don't know why - I woke up late, I didn't want to get out of bed, all my computers were misbehaving, I had to work late...and I found myself at 5:30 p.m. bursting into tears on the couch in my office.

I locked the door, closed the blinds, and tried to pull myself together. It wasn't working.

A co-worker stopped by and made some suggestions as to what I could do to fix my computer troubles. I work in freaking software development! Why oh why did my computer choose yesterday to decide it no longer cared to have an operating system on it? Seriously!

So once he had pointed me in the right direction, he asked, "So, do you have your running things here?"

Yup. I keep a set of running clothes and shoes as well as biking clothes and shoes here in my office, just in case.

Great idea (thanks, Steve!). I got dressed and headed out for a quick 30 minutes to clear my head.

When I returned, my OS was installed, the software build worked (well, worked as much as can be expected for this part of our development cycle), and all my happiness was regained.

Daily exercise. The cure for everything!!!

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

My computer doesn't fix itself when I go for a run :(

Field people never get the love. ;)

Wes said...

Since I switched to Linux, I haven't had any computer problems! ROFL! Just kiddin ;-)

wendy said...

Man, that Wes guy is such an @$$. ;-) (Lot of love to you my friend!)

Steve must know you pretty well! Sometimes we're just girly and need to be frustrated for a minute. I'm glad to hear your run cleared up your head for you though, that's awesome!