Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mmm....granola.

I tried to get out of bed at 4:25 a.m. so I could swim for 30 minutes prior to the rest of my planned workout, but it didn't happen. My bathing suit was in the laundry room, which was cold, and my bed was warm, and it was 4:25 a.m. and I hate swimming anyway. So I got up at 5:20 and the day started well: I didn't eat raspberry tartlets or a doughnut, though of course I was tempted. Why is the best coffee in town at the doughnut shop, and a mere half mile from my house?

So my workout was only okay. I think it's probably a bad idea to ride my bike on the trainer for an hour at 8 p.m., then try to give it my all in indoor cycling the next morning at 6 a.m. I'll likely do this three or four more times before I learn (because the ultimate goal, burn more calories, makes me behave illogically at times. Often times). My run was good, but I could only keep the treadmill at 6.5 until the end, where I pushed it up to 9.0. I love a sprint at the end of a run. Lengthen the legs and really push hard, knowing that next comes walking and cool down and stopping.

I wasn't supposed to eat the granola, but I love it so much. I wish it were still the '70s and people thought granola was health food. I still ate part of my normal breakfast - ham and cheese - to try to add some protein so I wouldn't crash mid-morning and eat something even worse than the granola and yogurt (at least the yogurt was low-fat).

The middle of the day kind of got messed up when I had to leave work to take my daughter to the doctor. The cafeteria at the hospital was closed and it got to be 1:30 and I was starving. I got a sandwich at the grocery store, but it was gross, so I only ate half, then got soup when I returned to work.

Oh drat! I forgot I was going to cut out beans from my diet. I think they give me an upset tummy. Oh well. I'm also at 1260 calories before I go home today, which is high. Today might not be a weight-loss day.

Make that 1380 for the day - 1 cup of fruit for a snack. Fruit should be paired with a protein, but I didn't do it.

I was fairly good for dinner, though terribly tempted by the delicious blondies that one of the women in my Bible study brought over. I forced myself to eat just one small one, but oh my goodness how I wanted more. I kept telling myself, "She'll leave in an hour and half, and will take the rest of the blondies with her. You only have to hold out an hour and a half." Somehow I did.

So, here's how the day breaks down:

Meal Tracking:
Pre-workout: 1 banana, coffee with cream: 110 cals
Breakfast: Yogurt, granola and strawberry parfait; 2 oz ham; lite cheese: 515 cals
Lunch: 1/2 roast beef sandwich; black bean soup; 1 square dark chocolate: 625 cals
Snack: 1 cup fruit: 120 cals
Dinner: Chicken taco, 1 square dark chocolate: 370 cals
Treat: One small Blondie (homemade!): 150 cals
TOTAL: 1890

Exercise:
Indoor cycling, 60 minutes - 400 calories
5K "Fun Run" on the treadmill - 300 calories
Total: 700 calories burned

Calorie deficit for the day: (210)

Beginning of day weight: 143.4
End of day weight: 145.4 (better than yesterday, but still very very bad)
Goal for tomorrow: End of day weight of 144.something. My pants felt tight today.

No comments: