Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sick!

Okay, that stomachache I've been mentioning has become full-blown sick. Major gas last night, diarrhea today...gross. My weight was down to 138 during the day though, but knowing that it's because I can't keep food in me and I'm rapidly dehydrating took away any excitement I might have had about the number. In fact, it was fairly idiotic even to weigh myself. But I was curious, and it does remind me to drink more water and possibly an electrolyte replacement drink.

I'm attempting the BRAT diet - isn't that what you're supposed to do with stomachaches? Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast? Okay, well, I've modified it to grapes, bananas, crackers and toast. Close enough.

This is super fun though: I'm playing poker online and in the middle of a hand, I have to go to the bathroom. No waiting until the hand is over. Oh, the power of a laptop - if only those people I was playing with could see me! Gross! (And funny.)

What amazes me about being sick is how quickly I can go from feeling strong and powerful and able to run a marathon or compete in a half-Ironman to getting out of breath after simply climbing the stairs. So hopefully it works the other way and I'll feel strong again soon.

I definitely need to go to bed. Not sure I can work out tomorrow; I think I'll wake up early and assess myself, then decide. I have to let myself be sick and recover and not feel guilty about it.


Food:
1 cup grapes: 120 calories
3 crackers with a little bit of peanut butter: 160 calories
2 slices whole-wheat toast with jam: 250 calories
1/2 banana: 40 calories
Four saltines: 50 calories
Chicken soup with rice: 200 calories
TOTAL: 820 calories

Exercise:
Ha ha. None. Does walking up and down the stairs to get some cold water from the refrigerator count?

Weights today don't count, so I'm not going to list them.

No comments: