Monday, September 10, 2007

Did you catch Britney last night?

Oh man. I wouldn't want to be prancing around in my undies on stage and TV if I looked like that. But come to think of it, I kind of do, in terms of not being super-toned and thin right now...although I'll give her credit for not having stretch marks after two babies. I can't say the same about me!

Anyway, my weight last week at this time was 147 - the highest I've seen it in a long time. (Of course, I tend not to weigh myself when I know it's high.)

This morning? 141.4.

How did this happen? It's so simple. I won't say it's easy, because it's totally not, but it's just so simple it's almost hard to believe.

-- I re-started meal tracking.

-- I'm eating meals and snacks that are healthy and properly portioned. I did eat out three times this weekend, though, and my eating out included Phad Thai (noodles! peanuts! calories!), bacon, eggs, and cinnamon roll french toast (no need to say anything here), and Korean beef skewers (yummy, but I'm unsure how to meal-track that).

-- I'm not restricting carbs much (obviously) but if I did, my weight loss would be even more dramatic.

-- I'm exercising like a normal person: an hour a day, five days a week.

-- I am NOT giving up half-and-half in my coffee.

Today, though, at this lower weight (still overweight for my height though - my max weight in the "normal" category is 141), is where I really need to watch it.

I often want to "celebrate" being at a lower weight by...eating garbage. Instead, I need to continue to focus on these very simple rules.

Why is something so simple so difficult?

5 comments:

wendy said...

I hear ya! It's much easier to lose when I start meal tracking too. Although, for me, I tend to stay at the same weight when I track, and I gain when I don't track. Ha! =)

I missed Brit last night, was it brutal?

Alison said...

I'm kinda confused as to why everyone's bashing Britney's weight (her coked-out performace, however, deserves every minute of it). I didn't think she looked bad at all. Granted, she probably shouldn't have been wearing a bra and panties onstage, but that goes for pretty much anyone. Still, I think she has a much better body than I do, and I'm a "toned" size 4! Maybe it's just my weird body image issues...

Unknown said...

My meal tracking fell away and I need to get back to it TODAY. Here's to all of us sticking it out.

Andy said...

Right there with you. I tried to follow your plan of meal tracking and after about a week, I fell off the bandwagon, so to speak. At this point, the only way the rest of the weight is coming off is diet (And I am only looking for 12-13 pounds that's it!), I am exercising about as much as any one person can, without increasing my training to 15-20 hours a week (don't have time for that).

What was that website you were using to log your calories?

Murtha...

Jessica said...

So, re: Britney: she's big, and because she's tan, she looks better than say I might. But she has no muscle tone, and the thing is, SHE DID - she was fabulous once. So maybe it's the difference between then and now. But also, she only had larger female dancers with her, and I just think that if she's going to be that weight/size, she could wear more clothing and look more attractive. It was a train wreck.

Re: my meal tracking software - I use www.fitday.com, but I get most of my numbers from calorieking.com. This is not necessarily the most logical way to use these web sites. :-)