Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Running without a goal

I met the girls this morning for a run (and guess when it started to rain? Sometime after we got back to the club, ha ha!), and found that running was easier today than yesterday. Perhaps it was the time of day - I definitely prefer an early-morning run.

I'm pretty sure I was close to my normal pace. We went out for about 50 minutes and did a couple of big hills. And then - I actually lifted weights! Woo-hoo! First time in months! I went down in weight so I could complete the full sets I wanted to do. I feel fine now, but I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

So...I'm feeling back to normal, physically. But it feels weird not to have a next goal. At this time last year, I was still planning to do another triathlon before the season ended and I knew I was going to do Ironman Canada. Now, I'm not sure what to update my blog header with. I'm not sure I'm going to do the Disney World Goofy challenge thing (the half-marathon one day, full the next), because I'm not sure I feel like dragging the family across the country so I can run. We can go to Disneyland in California instead.

John wants me to calm down and just exercise, so I guess I'll try to focus on weight loss (my weight is up 7 pounds higher than the maximum at which I'm comfortable). But...pretty soon, I'm going to have to think of what's next for me.

Maybe climb Mt. Rainier?

3 comments:

Wes said...

Awwww. I was hoping to meet you and your family in Disney World :-) Bummer, but I understand of course. Yea, take your time. Goals aren't going anywhere and they are in abundance...

The Age Grouper said...

Drink lots of wine. Enjoy an Ironman free year. Then, volunteer at an Ironman in 2008, knowing, of course, where to line-up on Monday for 2009 entry :-)

wendy said...

Yeah, sometimes it's nice to have a break from races. Although, I think and your husband should do a race together, that would be fun AND you could spend time together.