Friday, September 07, 2007

FitDay is my friend

I am fighting the desire to set a new exercise goal. They keep swimming around in my head. How about a 1:50 half marathon? How about a 50-mile ultra? Maybe I should do the Black Diamond half-Ironman at the end of the month?

No. How about I lose eight pounds and get my weight to a comfortable 135?

Because honestly, at 143, I am officially overweight and I feel it. Half my clothes don't feel or look good when I put them on. So that's that. I'm done with being on the edge of fat.

I'm on my third day of full meal-tracking again with FitDay. It would be 4, but I didn't track yesterday because I was offline all day. I was okay on calories, though. And my weight shows it: I've been dropping daily, as I always do when I get back on the wagon.

I'm also only exercising for fun, and trying not to stress when life happens and I can't fit it in. After all - if I can't fit it in one day, I probably will still have exercised five times during that week anyway!

I wrote a half marathon training plan for John, and I'll be running with him (and Camille in a stroller) on Saturdays. I'm definitely looking forward to that - I love fall running!

Oh, and I went out on the Wednesday strenuous bike ride. It was tough, but I pretty much hung in there. And riding my road bike again feels wonderful.

2 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

I just found FitDay last night, but I went with The Daily Plate instead. It seems great so far, except that the food database has multiple entries for a lot of items.

wendy said...

Yay for half plan for hubby!

I heard Grand Tetons is awesome, and there's no time limit for the 50 miler, so it's a very friendly race.