Thursday, November 01, 2007

Okay yeah I'm a bad blogger

I just don't have a ton to say in the off-season!



So here's what's up. In-season, my training was definitely interfering with my partying schedule.



Now, my partying is definitely interfering with my training schedule! On the weekends, I just don't feel like doing anything. And on the weekdays, it's all about me. I love running with my girlfriends, so I'm still all about that. And I'm all about competing with the boys from work in CrossFit. But my cycling...basically, if I didn't have to lead rides, I wouldn't be riding at all.


So actually, on a serious note, I have been having a bit too much fun. When you start to get the perspective that getting home at 3 or 4 a.m. is early, not late, something is a little warped. So I've decided in my never-ending quest for balance, that I am only going to go out one night per week, and I will only stay out as long as the music is good.


Lately, after we go out dancing, we end up at a friend's house hanging out until the sun comes up. That's just not necessary. So if we're not dancing, I think we should be heading home. I strongly, strongly believe that if I'm up all night, as a parent it's not cool to sleep the next day and not be with the kids. So I've been forcing myself (through the wonders of coffee and Red Bull) to stay up all day and be an extra-good mommy: I've taken the kids to the aquarium and to parks and all kinds of fun stuff the day after I stay up all night. And I can sort of do it, but it's really tough on John - he really needs more sleep.



So, no more. One night a week, stay out till the dancing is over, then go to bed, then wake up and be a good mommy. And I think that will help with being a good athlete, too - although my weight is down, my strength also feels down, and I'm sure that's all about not sleeping properly.



Oh, and I'll leave you with this: a very funny picture from my Halloween party last Friday night. John and I went as Kandi Ravers (what 16-year-olds strung out on Ecstasy wear to raves):








TOO FUNNY, HUH?





3 comments:

Snarky said...

I think you should post about your top-notch parenting skills -- or lack thereof. Did someone just dig your husband up? Get some sun.

JohnZ said...

Wow you sure are "Snarky" If you had the guts to make your profile public we could all see how perfect you are!!...since you hide behind your name I have no idea if you are a parent or just an armchair commentator.

Since you really don't know what kind of parent Jessica is and how her family works or what her family history is, you should probably keep your Snarky comments to yourself!

As for my color I prefer to avoid skin cancer thank you very much.

My wife has a darker complexion than I do and so I look pale next to her....is skin color an issue for you?...are you a racist piece of crap?

Have a nice day!

wendy said...

I just finished your post, and I laughed when I saw the title, as I've been nagging about you posting. =) So, then I get to post a comment, and Holy Crap! DRAMA!! I'm hoping Snarky is a friend who was CLEARLY joking around with you, and CLEARLY has an odd sense of humor.

I love reading about you, as an athlete, a mom, a wife, and a business woman. You are HARD CORE, and how you manage to balance all of that is inspiring to me. I don't work out as much as you do, I have our son half the time, and I have a pretty easy job. So, when I'm slacking during a workout, I remember people like you, who have already been up for several hours, and are busting it out just fine. Keep on posting, girlfriend!!!