Saturday, November 24, 2007

Loser blogger and loser runner

I'm a loser for not updating my blog. I'm still all about running with the girls and Crossfit.

But I'm a loser runner because I'm not doing the Seattle Marathon! I want to do it, and it was supposed to be my husband's first half-marathon. I was going to run it with him to support him.

Well, I have this thing about registering for races: I don't like to register until I know for sure I will be able to complete my training and get the race done. So that means I usually don't get the "early bird" price.

The Seattle Half Marathon is fairly spendy: $95 if you register late. And I didn't sign John up because, well, frankly he started out well with his training, then pretty much stopped training. He did that one 10-mile run two weeks ago, and I think hasn't run at all since then.

But since he's a guy, he's sure he could go out and run 13.1. To be honest, I'm sure he could (but it would HURT!).

Except when I told him what it would cost to sign him up yesterday or today, he said, "No way! I'm not paying nearly $200 for us to run 13.1 miles when we won't even win!"

Uh, okay. So, we're out. No Seattle Marathon this year.

I'm a little sad about that, because it is a really fun race. But there's always next year!

5 comments:

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Chin up. Maybe you can subsitute another (shorter) race near by, eh?

You're right, there's always next year.

Stay tuned...

Tammy said...

:*(

You have to register early! That's what MAKES YOU TRAIN! Oh, just me? ok, nevermind.

wendy said...

I wish I'd seen this earlier! Seattle Ghost is the day before, and it's only 20 bucks, all to charity, no shirt/medal, but still fun. =) I had to laugh, my husband is the same way, ran the Tacoma 10K without running so much as a BLOCK the entire training period. BOYS.

Anyways, you're not a loser, Seattle is really expensive, and there are lots more races to do before the end of the year!

HEZ said...

Hey, Like your blog. Just wanted to let you know I'm starting a Yahoo! group for big girls who do triathlons. You can join by going to my blog and clicking the join button. I am now the only member, and I'd like to see lots more!

ItchyBits said...

Hey FG! Hello? Hopefully you haven't blown away!!

Tagging you ??

http://itchybits.blogspot.com/2007/12/7-random-things.html