Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More butt-kicking courtesy of Crossfit

Wow, tomorrow might suck. I hope I can walk.

Because Crossfit today was NUTTY!

First I ran about six miles with the girls...well, only one girl today, but still. We ran. And chatted.

(Okay, non-sequitor: I'm listening to an AMAZING remix of the Paul Van Dyk song "Let Go." It might be the most incredible song in the world. It's hard to focus on anything else.)

Then in Crossfit we did more of those deadlift-clean things with heavy balls, then a bunch of pull-ups. And then, jump-rope. We were supposed to do double-unders - two times around of the jump rope for one jump - but I couldn't figure it out. So I just goofed around and rev'ed up my heart rate.

So then for our competitive activity, we did this:

40 double-unders (if you couldn't do a double-under, do times 4 of regular jumps - so 160!)
800 meters row
30 double unders (or 120 jumps)
600 meters row
20 double unders (or 80 jumps)
400 meters row
10 double unders (or 40 jumps)
then 30 deadlift clean things.

WOW. And OW. And I was behind, but the instructor told me to push through my deadlift clean things to beat two of the guys who were resting in between.

When I was done, I laid down on the floor - not even a mat - and watched the world spin. Okay, that's an exaggeration...but it was hard!

And I loved every minute of it!!!

8 comments:

Rainmaker said...

The last time I did a jump rope was in middle school. I think that's where I prefer to leave it.

The above workout seems rather painful, I think I'll stick to bricks.

Nicely done though!

Tammy said...

ouch. watch that form... racing through a new movement is not a way to stay healthy... sorry, the coach in me worries :) Deadlifts must be very precise to avoid injury.

Tammy said...

And thanks for the tune recommend! I just downloaded it for InCycle... I think they might be sick of spinning to Rammstein. Hehehe.

Shawn said...

Wow, That seems UGLY... I went to a bodypump class and worked muscles that I never in my life thought I would use. After losing conrol of my legs and ultimatly my arms, the only thing I could control was my bladder. Alas i am going back today because I am a sadist when it comes to pain.

Keep up the good work.

i am Susan said...

Bodypump class sounds brutal. The things we put ourselves through for fun. No pain no gain : )

I just came across your blog today...very interesting...I'll stop by more often.

We are off to Seattle from Calgary AB to do the marathon this weekend...is it going to rain????

Unknown said...

I agree with Coach Tammy, deadlifts require a lot of respect. Done improperly they can do lasting damage. Still sounds like you kicked booty!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Sounds like a great routine. Keep that up for 6 weeks and you'll be in shape for sure. Good job!

Stay tuned...

triguyjt said...

help me out here.
I discovered the crossfit website and it seems like an incredible series of workouts and it seems like, from the website, that thousands and thousands of people do it.. however, i don't run into those that do this.
how has it helped you race???