Monday, November 13, 2006

Long run, hungry girl

Yesterday the girls and I ran somewhere between 12 and 13 miles. I thought I could stick to the eating plan I've been doing so well with - after all, I even stuck with it Saturday night when I went out to eat with my friends and I got a chicken breast and a salad! But no. Participating in endurance events and attempting to diet DO NOT MIX.

So, pretty much, I ended up eating a couple of bad things in an attempt to stave off my hunger, and then I had book club last night and ate whatever I wanted. So when the scale said 140.4 this morning, there was no surprise.

However, it's okay. Today I'm back to the plan.

Fruit. Vegetables. Healthy fats. Protein. I'm going to allow myself a tiny bit of dairy in the form of milk in my coffee (though if non-dairy creamer is available, I'll prefer that). And this plan goes from now until Thanksgiving. And then it takes a break for Thanksgiving day, Saturday night before Thanksgiving (pasta feed at my house prior to the Seattle Marathon) and Seattle Marathon day. Then I'm back. 135 pounds (consistently!), here I come!

No comments: