Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Off to New York!

I'm leaving tonight, and SO excited!

Probably won't have much time to blog between now and when I return, but feel free to track me (and Wendy and Danielle) on Sunday!

My race number is F8163, and you can watch the race live here: http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/about/mediazone.php

I think they have an athlete tracker, so you can check up on us (the race starts at 10:10 a.m. eastern, but I don't expect we'll cross the start line until maybe 10:30? Who knows).

They also have email updates every 5K, so you can really track us if you want to! If you watch the video thing, you'll be in for a treat: three princesses in our pink skirts!

We're planning on running a 10-minute mile throughout, so in theory should finish in 4:22. But ultimately we're going to finish it together, so if it takes us 5 or 6 hours, so be it! (But it won't. Wendy and I ran together this morning - 4 miles in about 40 minutes - and she could hardly believe it, especially since there were two fairly good sized uphills, and no significant downhill. So I know she can do a 4:22. And I know I can have more fun with my friends than without, anyway.)

8 comments:

Wes said...

You gals have a great time. Stay safe! Kick some butt!

Aleks said...

I'll be online watching every step of the way!

Steven said...

Have a great time in NY! And kick butt on the course.

Also say HEY to Lance when you pass him after he bonks!

In the sky, above the clouds said...

Have fun in NEW YORK! My prayers are with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lots of luck! Hope the weather holds out--go pink!

LoneStarCrank said...

Go get em! Good choice on running with your partners. You'll be pacing them throughout and making their experience that much better.

Have fun.

Kate said...

Have a GREAT time (I know I'm too late.. but still thinking of your race)

Can't wait to hear how it goes. And super good luck to Wendy

Unknown said...

Poop, I'm trying to track you but Athlete Tracker is down!