Monday, November 13, 2006

My season, by the numbers

I haven't posted a season wrap-up, because my season hasn't felt over yet.

But now that I'm just exercising, not training, I guess it is over. So here are some numbers from the season, probably only interesting to me. At some point I'll probably post actual learnings from the season, and goals for next year and beyond.

Races: 11
Half marathons: 5, including two for half-Ironman triathlons
Triathlons: 6
Marathons: 2
Organized bike rides: 4


Percent of training completed, Feb - Nov. 5: 101
Average hours of training per week: 12.2
Max hours in one week: 18.25
Minimum hours in one week: 8
Hours swimming: 44
Hours biking: 227
Miles ridden (on bicycle, doesn't include in spinning classes): 2800
Hours running: 158
Miles run: 1,000 (approx)
Total hours trained, Feb. 6 through Nov. 5: 429
Calories burned: 193,050 (approx)

Best result in a triathlon: 2nd place in AG, Lake Sammamish, August 26
Times I ranked "13" in a race: 5 (Cascade's Edge age group, Lake Stevens age group, Danskin age group, Lake Sammamish overall women, Black Diamond age group)
Fastest 5K run: 24:40
Fastest bike split: Danskin, 21.3 mph average - 12.4 miles

8 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Quite a season, you should be pretty happy with all those accomplishments! Enjoy your off season exercising.

Alison said...

Wow...you must be a math person to figure out all those numbers. I wouldn't even know where to start calculating how many calories I burned!

Kate said...

Wow- what a great season. Your times are amazing! I can't wait to see how you tackle IM :-)

Trisaratops said...

Holy Moly! Can I borrow some of your bike speed? :) Great wrap up!

Loved the NYC report--just getting caught up! Girl friends are the best--especially ones like you, it sounds! I gotta get there to run that one someday...great pics!

Aleks said...

:) One of the many reasons I think you're so wonderful... only you can recap like this.

P.S. I am stealing your blank training spreadsheet in January so I can do this next year.

It seems like you have spent more than 429 hours training. I can't imagine what the hours would be if we factored in travel, planning, emails, blogging, thinking, chatting about training. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the recap alot.

I think that is something that I should work to make a habit next year. Although I have "most" of my workouts recorded, I have never looked at it from a montly/quarterly/annual perspective.

11 races was alot! I am looking to complete 7-8 different races.

It is also interesting that you do not include Jan, Oct, Nov, Dec. Any particular reason why? (I know that december has not occured yet).

I am assuming that you are still training during that time period.

Murtha...

LoneStarCrank said...

Impressive! You are a fine oiled machine. Think of all of the stress melted away during those runs, rides and swims.

Congrats on a great year.

Jessica said...

Andy - Actually, October and the first week of November are included, I started this post after my final triathlon, but because I went right into marathon training I decided to hold off on actually posting. On Monday, I updated all the numbers, but failed to change the Feb - Sept to Feb - Nov. 5 (I've fixed that now).

So in January, I wasn't working off a plan, and now through the end of the year, I'm working off a separate spreadsheet (exercise tracking for curiosity's sake, not "training").

For next year, the season begins Jan. 1, but that's week -8. True training begins in March with a six-month period, then I'm not sure what I'll do after Ironman Canada. But I'm thinking the next goal for my might be to improve my running enough to qualify for Boston!