Monday, April 30, 2007

Do not drink 9 beers ever again

I am such a freaking idiot.

Here I am, in Germany. I'm with three co-workers - all guys - all of whom weigh like 180 lbs or more.

We go out to dinner, and decide to drink our dinner instead of eat it. They have these steins that are apparently a full liter. We each get one. And another. And yes, another. (One of the guys said it was the equivalent of three beers - so I drank the equivalent of nine!)

And this is after a flight from Seattle to Munich, after waking up 27 hours earlier.

So, lessons learned:
-- You can get a massive hangover from beer! I've never done that before.
-- It's possible to pee for more than 30 minutes.
-- Don't go beer-for-beer with the boys. They win - they can out-drink me any day.
-- Trying to run home - through a dark park - when you don't know the way is something only a drunk person would do. Or stupid. And I was both.
-- Sidewalks are cold at night. Don't lay down on them.
-- Don't look at oncoming headlights. You might start walking towards them.
-- Drinking lots of water before going to sleep doesn't necessarily help. I'm sure it didn't hurt, but I was still in pain.
-- Ibuprofen is only sold by a pharmacist in Germany, and it comes in 500 mg tablets. Which is good.

How many calories are in beer, anyway?

4 comments:

Wes said...

LOL. German beer... Mmmmmm. Yea, those liter steins are awesome. Did you know that during Lent, the monks there fast and only drink Doppelbock. That was my favorite.

A light beer is around 90 calories. A full beer is almost twice that. A German beer? Who knows :-)

Jeff said...

Lol. Should I be worried about you? Mmm... Bier!

Steven said...

Don't look at beer as having calories...it has carbs too. So beer is considered carbo loading! Always.

Alison said...

We've all done the nine-beers-on-a-business-trip thing - it makes for a great story. :) Don't fret about the calories!