Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Catch-up, Week 5 Recap,"Running Errands"

It's been a busy few days. On Sunday, I hosted my son's 7th birthday party - to see how I made the kids exercise, check out my other blog. Other than chasing 14 kids around, I took Sunday as a rest day.

So Week 5 Recap - here goes:

Nutrition: I'm not talking about it. With Easter and a birthday party, let's just say things could be better.

Swim: Not bad! Still tiring around 3,000 yards, but I physically can do more - and though not fast, fast enough. I actually swam more hours than planned this week. Now that's a first!

Bike: Cycling is going well. I made it up that huge hill without puking, and I feel really comfortable on my bike. I did decide to get my aerobars cut a little shorter - I'm having to reach too far to shift - but that's a minor tweak that will only result in me being more comfortable, and I'm already pretty good.

Run: That annoying hip thing went away as quickly as it came on, but it scared me. Consequently I was incredibly low on run hours, but I'm sure to make that up over the next couple of weeks.

So yesterday was the start of week 6, and I kicked it off with the "Gambler's Run." I describe what to do in the link, but basically it's a really random workout that usually ends up being intense intervals. I didn't have time to go through the full deck of cards, so I just did 45 minutes worth - and I did get some killer sets, like 8 minutes at 7.0 mph on the treadmill with grades varying between 1.5 and 4.5, changing each minute - but it was worth it to feel strong when I was done. Then I did hot yoga, then at noon went for my bike ride (and the only 60 minutes in which it poured rain yesterday in Redmond was the 60 during which I was riding. Nice. Just my luck!)

Yesterday was also the hubby's birthday...and to celebrate, I took him to the Winemaker's Dinner at Palisade, one of our favorite restaurants. Needless to say, big dinner plus lots of wine (and yes, I had to drink all of it - after all, each was carefully selected to pair with each course!) meant I couldn't get up to run with the girls this morning.

I needed to bring my bike in to the shop, but it was at John's work. So I decided to combine a lunchtime workout with running my errand! I ran 3 miles down to John's shop with a backpack on my back. In the backpack were my bike shoes and helmet. At the shop, I put my running shoes in the backpack and put on the bike shoes and helmet. I rode to the bike shop, dropped off the bike, put the running shoes back on, and ran back to work. Perfect, huh? And I didn't even lose my awesome parking space!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, THERE you are!