Tuesday, April 03, 2007

La la la, feeling good

It's my light week! The fourth week in each cycle is not quite rest, but just lighter. And I think it's good - I'm feeling totally rockin'. Maybe that means I need to work harder.

Okay, maybe not. Anyway, yesterday the hot yoga teacher didn't show at 6:30 a.m., so I went to work really early. At noon I did a moderately-paced bike ride - 14 miles in one hour (with hills, of course) and that was lovely. It was a sunny day - not too warm, so perfect for riding.

Then I was able to hit hot yoga at 4:30 for a 90-minute class. It rocked, as always - although it was really humid. More people, later in the day, I guess. My eyes got sweat in them, though, and it caused my contacts to turn, so pretty much for 20 minutes after hot yoga I couldn't see very well. (Contacts are weighted and need to be in the right place, but they had moved and stuck to my eyes in some weird way. Anyway, no big deal - they went back to normal right when I was getting on the freeway to head home.)

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed, but who does at 4:30 in the morning? I did anyway, and I had a really nice run with the girls (despite the 34-degree weather - what's up with that? It's April!) and lifted weights with Regan afterwards. My weights are getting easier. Normally I'd say it's time to increase the amount I lift for each exercise, but I think for the in-season time, I'm not going to. I'm only lifting to maintain muscle while I step up my cardio, not necessarily build new muscle, so unless it gets so easy it's ridiculous, I'm going to stay with lighter weights and higher reps until the fall.

Plus, hot yoga helps build incredible triceps. All those tricep-pushups. Which SUCK, but I don't mind because hot yoga will equal hot arms, and despite the 34-degree morning, it's getting close to sun and tank top time! Yay!

4 comments:

Wes said...

"Anyway, no big deal - they went back to normal right when I was getting on the freeway to head home."

Oh my G.O.D. You got to be kidding me :-) Remind me not to ride in the car with you when you've been sweating. LOL.

Tammy said...

What's a tricep gonna do for ya at Ironman? ;P

I live for that contact thing. They don't make my rx, so I have to wait for them to dry out and 'stick' in the right place, which is NOT where they are weighted. sigh. Someday = lasik!

Trisaratops said...

Just getting caught up!

Soooooooo jealous of your race schedule. :) Looks like a fun year!

For a second when I read this I thought you meant you had a hot yoga instructor, as in HAWT! ha ha

Regan said...

I love it that you love Hot Yoga. I think on this vacation I'm going to take some beginning lessons so I don't feel so out of shape. Then I can join you - hopefully soon!

Hugs,

Regan