Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Flat day

Today I did my endurance swim - I managed 3900 yards in 1:30, but with stops and rests and it wasn't all swimming - some drills. Again, tiredness set in around 3,000 yards, but I felt okay to finish. I had mis-counted, though - I thought I was only at 3700 when I needed to start the rest of my day. Had I realized I was at 3900, I would have done at least another 100 to make 4000 - or a little more to make a new longest swim ever. So my swim was a little flat.

Also, I learned that last week's T-time (my 100 average) was still 1:52, the same as last month. However, I slowed down this time and didn't panic, so I think in this case it was okay to be flat.

But then, on my intense ride, I got a flat! Actually I got it before the ride, but then someone else went flat during the ride and I decided to take the opportunity to change my tube, too, because I was imagining that it was losing air again. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but hey - since I had the chance to make changes, why not. Then later on, a guy broke his chain on our ride, so we ended up doing an out-and-back route instead of our normal loop.

So that's pretty much today - nothing too exciting happening. I did get a look at the proof for the brochure I'm going to be featured in for the weight-loss program I did. The picture is a little, um, let's say top-heavy, but it's reasonable considering I was running and you can't really put your face and body in perfect, photogenic ways while sprinting! I can't post it yet, but I will when I can.

No comments: