Friday, April 06, 2007

My perfect kind of day

"On this perfect day, nothing's standing in my way. On this perfect day, nothing can go wrong.." So it's from the Legally Blonde soundtrack by a cheesy teenybopper band. I like the song. :-)

So here's today: My alarm doesn't go off. I wake up naturally at 4:50 a.m. My first thought: "I don't have to swim, because it's too late!" My second thought: "No, not true. I only have to do half an hour. There's time before hot yoga."

So I jumped out of bed, went to the pool, and swam really well. I felt strong - and happy to be there! I knew I had pushed the battery life limit of the SwiMP3 - I haven't recharged it since the week before last - so when 15 minutes in the volume dropped, I knew my laps were numbered.

Amazingly, though, it lasted until I only had 300 yards left - so I finished in silence, but by then I was determined to get it done, so it was totally fine. I did 1500 in 30 minutes (drills and swimming) and happily went off to hot yoga.

Hot yoga was amazing, as always, and I figured out how to start doing a new pose (Bird of Paradise). Danielle was in yoga, and we had coffee and bagels afterwards (and ran into Aleks, who was there with her parents). Then I took off to pick up the boy and play hooky for a day!

He didn't have school today, so I took the day off to head to the mountains for one final ski day. And oh my goodness, what an amazing day it was! It was gorgeous outside - clear and warm - probably 55 degrees in the mountains, and well over 70 down here. Gabriel and I skied the soft, semi-slushy runs for hours - and we hit all the black diamonds at Summit Central, then headed over to Alpental.

Alpental is known for its really steep stuff - and usually I stay on the bottom half of the mountain. Well, today conditions were just perfect for a little risk-taking. Gabriel and I discussed it, and decided to go up to the very top - Chair 2. Expert Only - no easy way down. Yee-haw!

Well, we rocked it. It wasn't too tough considering how soft the snow was. G had a little bit of trouble initially, but once he got over it, he wanted to do the upper mountain again and again until we were exhausted. We got some coffee and cookies (okay fine he had soda) and headed home...but not before doing a little shopping! See, I said it was a perfect day.

G needed new snow pants, so we stopped at an outlet mall on the way home. Well, I found pants for him for $20 (score!) and a really cool metallic orange quilted jacket for me - for $10!!! (I love orange. Next to pink, of course.)

So then we came home and rode our bikes to G's baseball practice. While he practiced with the team, I got out my mp3 player and got a little run on at the track next to the baseball field. It's so nice to run outside when it's warm! Then we rode home....and now, after a quick dinner, I'm wrapping up the day with blogging and then catching up on all the TV I didn't watch this week. America's Next Top Model, The Pussycat Dolls Present The Search for the Next Doll, Survivor...yeah. It's a rockin' day.

I mean, I like my job... but on a day like this, I wouldn't have gotten anything done anyway. I would have been dreaming about getting outside! And I got to do everything I love outside today! Yay!

(Although, now that I'm cooling off indoors, my face feels hot. Better go look in the mirror and see if I have a sunburn! But even if I do...it was still a perfect day.)

1 comment:

Wes said...

Yay! Sounds like a wonderful day!! Send some of that warm weather out way!! Tell Aleks we miss her :-)