Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I still refuse to swim

Okay, this is getting crazy. It's been 2.5 weeks since I've been swimming. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of swimming fitness to lose, but this is ridiculous.

I just can't motivate myself to get out of bed to swim! And it's nice outside, the water is warm, there's no reason I shouldn't enjoy a gorgeous morning watching the sun rise over the water...but I just can't do it.

So, Friday. That's the day I'm targeting for a 2.4 mile swim before work.

I also skipped my intense ride for the week. I've put on a few pounds lately and to combat the weight gain, I'm backing off on the intense work I usually do. That work makes me really hungry, and I think it will be better for my racing if I get rid of the extra (well, the extra I'm not used to having) and get back to where I was for the Issaquah tri (136).

Right now, I'm at 143; I normally live around 139-140; a couple of pounds lighter than that really does equal a couple of minutes faster on the bike, and a much easier time of the run. I know how I got here; lazy eating, no meal tracking, drinking alcohol - and fortunately, I know how to fix it before it really gets out of control!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You and swimming is like me and biking. We need some kind of motivation exchange.

Good luck with the eating clean-up. I need to do that too. Why's it so damn hard in winter?

Spokane Al said...

Continued good luck on the eating. I am always amazed at how quickly I can put on a couple of pounds which turns into five and then into ten pounds.

Gaining weight quickly seems to be my finest attribute.