Friday, July 27, 2007

This morning didn't suck

I didn't work out this morning, and I sort of planned it that way - I really wanted to finish the Harry Potter book. It was bugging me that a kids book (I know, it's 759 pages) was taking me the better part of a week to read.

Plus, I had to get to work early to prepare for an evil meeting I had to run - where I had to present my plans for the next coding milestone and get "constructive feedback" - which usually means I end up reconsidering my career and thinking about becoming a stay-at-home mom. Note that I can take criticism - for goodness sake, I'm definitely my own worst enemy - but this team I'm on has a way of being EVIL during specification reviews.

But it actually went well! So well that it ended 40 minutes early and I had time to get to my daughter's little acting show (she's been in drama camp all week and today the kids did their final performances).

So that's all pretty rockin'. I'm fairly certain I won't work out today, but I'm cool with it. I'll definitely get my exercise in this weekend...plus, dancing tonight at Club Heaven!

2 comments:

wendy said...

yay for finishing HP, having a goo dmeeting, and seeing your daughter - sounds like a productive day!

Kate said...

Hope you had a good night!

Good work on the performance review, great that you made it to Camille's show and cool to finish HP!