Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tired, again

So...this week my training hasn't been going so well.

Physically, I feel fine. But I'm still sleeping more than I usually do and I'm not super-motivated to train.

I'm letting myself off the hook. It's a really hard thing for me to do, but I am. I'm just going to get through this week, do what sounds fun, and hope that next week I feel better.

I know I can go the distance. I'm more concerned now with hurting myself, physically or mentally (in losing the desire to finish the Ironman).

Even if I don't get back in the water between now and August 26, I will be able to swim 2.4 miles. And the rest...yeah, that too.

How much better can I get if the next five weeks are productive? I'm guessing not much. So I'm going to relax this week, focus on eating and sleeping well, and next week see if my desire to train has returned.

I think it will work. And if not...whatever comes, comes. The Ironman is a big deal, and I guess I do feel like I have something to prove out there, but I haven't lost my confidence that I can prove it. Let's hope I don't.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Jess! I think taking it easy this week sounds like a good idea. Listen to your body.

Kate said...

It's really great to see you listening to your body. You've done the hard yards, and you'll bounce back. IM Canada will be here in no time and you'll be pumped and ready!

Wes said...

You've been working hard, and you should be starting to wind down to taper soon. You will be fantastic!!

Erika said...

I've been following your blog off and on for about 8 months and have often found it very inspiring. I'm a Mommy too and can related to the weight struggles and counting calories, worrying if you' re getting too many or too little.

Hope the energy drain improves for you. Sounds like you're taking it in stride. About a month ago I was struggling too, I found out that my iron levels were low. (anemia) If you still feel really tired after a few days maybe check it out.

Unknown said...

You're listening to your body and mind and that's the best thing that any athlete in training can do. You made the right choice.