Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Where am I?

Wow, I can't believe how long since I've posted. Why have I been so quiet?

Well, a couple of reasons. Facebook is a really fun waste of online time. If you're on Facebook and reading this, you can be my friend. :-)

I didn't train much last week - just not super-motivated. Thursday I did a nice 75-minute run, then yoga, Friday nothing, Saturday a couple hour bike ride...then, Saturday night.

Mmm, Saturday night. It makes me happy just to think about it. It was one of the best nights (if not the best, that's entirely possible) of my life. And I've had a happy life.

John and I went to USC 10 - basically, a huge rave (but legal - you buy tickets at Ticketmaster for goodness sake) and the music was incredible, the energy in the place was great, and we just had a blast. The party went until 4 a.m., at which point we were still so happy and wanting to dance that we went to an after-hours club and danced until the sun came up. Actually, past then - we left the club at around 6:45 a.m.

Needless to say, with no sleep and dancing all night, I didn't do anything Sunday.

And unfortunately, being out all night probably contributed to this cold I have. So I'm still not swimming - I'm willing to bike and run with a cold, but not swim. I'm stuffy enough as it is without getting in the water!

So anyway...I can't afford to have any more nights like that until after the Ironman, but boy do I plan to then. Not too often - after all, I do have two kids and a job and responsibilities - but every once in a while, it's just so awesome to let go and just play. (The kids were at John's parents, and we told them we'd be out all night so we wouldn't be picking them up until Sunday afternoon.)

Today I learned something new: cold medicine and running don't mix. I woke up so stuffy I felt like I really needed some decongestant before hitting the trails with the girls, but every time my heart rate was elevated (like, 150 or higher) I would get lightheaded. Not cool. I ended up being the slowest runner and having to walk a little (until I talked myself into behaving like this run "counted" and I needed to run it, not walk it. Preparation for IMC!).

Anyway, be my Facebook friend. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be glad to add you on Facebook if I could find you. Searches for your name didn't turn up any likely candidates. :)

Jessica said...

Really? My last name is Zahn. There appear to be 7 of us on Facebook; I'm the one that went to Vassar.