Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stuff I love

Running stuff:

  • 58 degree weather
  • Running at sunrise
  • Count 'em: One, two, three FOUR girlfriends to run with me - at 5:10 a.m.!!!
  • Swinging at Idylwood Park while Danielle uses the potty
  • My new Asics Gel-Kinseis (even though they're not pink)
  • My favorite running skirt - pink camo GymGirl from SkirtSports.com
  • Eating a asiago cheese bagel while running. (In the middle of the run, we stopped at a bagel store. Gotta build that IronStomach!)
  • Completing somewhere around 18 miles in three hours. Before work.
  • Wolf-whistles from silly guys in pickup trucks (also, stares from construction crews. Have they never seen women running before?)

Work stuff:

  • Di.fm's Trance channel. Good music all day.
  • My pink Zune, newly filled with Steve Porter and Paul van Dyk - competing with di.fm, but still - good to have options
  • Finally getting some big document nearly done!
  • Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
  • My pink laptop
  • My new office setup: two futon couches and lots of whiteboard space so my teams can work in here because this building never has any conference rooms available

Personal life stuff:

  • The hours of free entertainment Facebook provides
  • Cuddling with my hubby (when did I become a cuddler? It's so weird!)
  • This orange hoodie I saw at the Pro Club shop on Tuesday for 50% off. I didn't buy it, and today it was 65% off! And I did buy it.
  • I wish I could say something cute about my kids, but they slept over Grandma's last night so I haven't seen them since Tuesday
  • You blog readers! I like that some of you are coming out of the woodwork and being my friend on Facebook. I write this because I feel like it, but it's cool to know people read it (more people than comment - I know you commenters!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog. I look forward to reading more!

Kate said...

Those are awesome things to be happy about- and a nice pace for there early 18 miler!

Your job sounds FUN. Pink hair, pink laptop, futon couches...

And it's great hearing about how incredibly happy you and J are right now :-)

wendy said...

Those are wonderful things to be happy about, and the 18-miler before work, that rocks!

Anonymous said...

The silly construction guys don't see many women who can run 18 miles in three hours--and be happy about it.

I'll add something I love to the list: the energy, enthusiasm, and voice of your writing on this blog.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog... I love happy people! Thanks for sharing.

On the other hand, I don't do facebook. Ah well.

Anyways, if you like skirts, you should check out this company, they are new, but fantastic.
www.skirtgoddess.com

Runner Leana said...

Oh, I love that skirt and have the exact same one. I'm considering getting the zebra marathon girl because I think I am discovering that I like the skirts without the shorts a wee bit better.