Thursday, December 28, 2006

A bit of wishful thinking

Today I had to get my driver license renewed.

My old license looks nothing like me. My hair is short, black, and in a bob; I'm wearing glasses; and my face is a lot wider.

My weight is a lie, too. I said at the time I weighed 150; really I'm quite sure I was more like 175.

So today I fudged the numbers just slightly: my scale this morning said 143.4 - better than yesterday's 146! - and I told the woman at the Department of Licensing I weighed 135.

My goal race weight for Ironman Canada is 130. So 135 really is a reasonable number for me; plus, when I weigh 135, I'm really happy with myself. I'm going to get there - and beyond!

Today I went to the gym near my house with Danielle. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical, 30 on a recumbent bike, and strength training. SO BORING.

But yesterday after I posted I didn't eat anything else - despite being up until past 11 p.m. - and today so far I've made good food choices.

(That reminds me: Danielle just loaned me the movie "Freaky Friday," with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis. There's one point where Jamie Lee Curtis' character yells to Lindsay's, "Make good choices!" It makes me laugh so much every time I see it - which is a lot, because I have small children who like to watch the same movie over and over and over again - both because I say the same thing to my older kid and because it's what I tell myself every day.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee. Making good choices implies thinking with your mind, and not your stomach, and in some cases, your heart. Good for you! You are a wise woman, and mother.

Rachel said...

Congrats on how far you've come! That's something to be proud of.