Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So. Cold.

I'm not sure what the deal was with today's weather. My car temperature gauge said 38 degrees, which is reasonable, right? But it was spitting rain - kind of heavy mist - so no matter what, you got soaked. Nancy and I agreed we'd rather run in a downpour. At least then the weather doesn't pretend to favor you.

We ran for just over an hour, and I was so cold at the end that I just stood in the hot shower for what felt like forever. I didn't lift today because, frankly, the gym still smells like my dirty workout clothes and more than half of it is still without power, so I just wasn't into it. Thank goodness it's base training time!

I think today will be my last run for at least two weeks. I need to rest that foot - it's sinus tarsi syndrome, for anyone that's curious - and hopefully a couple of weeks of no running followed by a cortisone shot will send it packing. We'll see.

Oh, and after yesterday's post about how to prevent backsliding, I went home and baked a ton of cookies for my co-workers. There goes that rebellion thing - again! (At least it proves I'm human, right?)

1 comment:

TRI Vortex said...

38 degrees! I'm glad I'm in Southern California. ha, ok, enough rubbing it in. At least you have the grit to get out and run in that mist. I'd be in my heated gym. Yes, I'm a sissy. But as far as the Backsliding: what works for me is similar to you, I bake the most fattening cookies and give them to my co-workers to mess up their diets. Evil...yes, wrong...yes, but ooooo the fun.