Sunday, December 17, 2006

A little lack of motivation

Yes, I'm talking about me! Really!

I realized something today, after not working out Friday or Saturday.

If I don't have friends to work out with, I don't really feel like working out.

It wasn't always this way. I used to go running - even up to 14 miles - alone. And I'd be happy to ride my bike alone or go to the gym.

But now, after so much time with so many fabulous friends to exercise with, I'm not really interested in doing it by myself.

Fortunately, Danielle asked me to run with her this morning, so the weekend wasn't a total waste. And this is definitely the time of year for me to miss planned workouts if I don't feel like doing them.

I really was surprised to see, though, that without my buddies I'm not so interested. So you see, friends! My obsession is all your fault! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe and warm, Jess. I don't mean to intrude on your blog, but how is Aleks doing? Haven't heard from her in a while...

Jessica said...

I talked to Aleks Friday morning; she was stuck in the airport, which also lost power, but was still getting a flight home to Ontario. So I expect she's there now.