Friday, December 22, 2006

I almost ditched the workout

But I didn't.

I find it quite amazing that I can bag my diet so easily, but miss a workout and I freak out! Or I have to consciously force myself not to freak out.

Who am I, again?

Today's workout SUCKED. I did 30 minutes on the Stairmaster (stepmill), then 30 on a recumbant bike. I read a magazine while listening to my favorite music, but the lack of friends to work out with made it so boring. But not boring enough to not do!

Oh, and I was totally right about the butt-kicking Danielle gave me yesterday. I woke up with incredibly sore hamstrings - probably from the zillion squats and lunges - but was that enough to deter me from working out?

Nope.

Now if only I could discover why I'm so driven to exercise and apply that to eating properly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the more you keep up with the workout scheudle the more you'll stick to your nutrition.

Merry Christmas!

Stay tuned...

Kate said...

Because working out is way more fun than eating right? ;-)

Also, I think it's more tangible. It's a more instant gratification. It takes one workout to feel better, and only one missed workout too many to feel lousy, where (for me, at least) it takes a little longer to feel the effects of diet...

Oh- and reading about your stairmaster and recumbant workout made me yawn...