Sunday, December 10, 2006

Does dancing count as exercise in base training?

Before you ask: No, I didn't wear my heart rate monitor. :-)

But oh my goodness, if I hadn't had 8 Cosmopolitans and one HUGE Long Island Iced Tea, I'm sure I would have burned enough calories to have replaced a full base-training workout. But instead, since I drank myself silly (which is silly in and of itself, since I'm silly regardless of how much alcohol I've had to drink), I probably just barely broke even.

Was it worth it? Actually, I think so. It's so rare that I get to dress up, put on makeup, do my hair nice, and go out and party. And this party was actually pretty good! (It was my company party, and since I'm part of the same group that just released that Zune thing, they pretty much pulled out all the stops and put on a really great division party.)

However, I know there's photographic evidence of my lack of reserve ... so it might not be worth it when I see how incriminating the photos are! Then again - I'm fairly certain when the stories start tomorrow at work about who did what at the company party, I won't be the most interesting to talk about. By far. :-)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like it was definitely worth it! And awesome that you get cosmos and LIITs at your company party! We get red, white, bubbles and beers!

Wes said...

Oh, yea.... Dancing is excellent exercise.

:) said...

Ha! Glad you had fun!