Thursday, December 07, 2006

Slightly better, still frustrating

Running in the right heart rate zone takes away some of the joy of running. I don't feel free to just go and play - it's not like dancing or snowboarding, it's like work.

But I pretty much did it - I think I exceeded my HR cap three times - once because we had to sprint to get across the street before a light changed - but my average ended up being 142, so I was good there.

I'm really looking forward to the end of base training. Already. That's pretty sad, huh?

Oh, and yesterday Danielle played "Canned Heat" in indoor cycling - which of course spiked my HR immediately out of zone because, well, when that song plays, I've got to dance!

2 comments:

Wes said...

Being free is a good thing. I really enjoy my long runs when I wear my HR monitor because I try to keep it below 150, which really helps me enjoy the run. I can see how it can be frustrating for some though.

Kate said...

Keeping the HR down during indoor cycling is the worst- yet on the trainer, I barely go out of zone at all.