Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lake Stevens, take two?

As much as it's always a downer to come home after a short vacation - especially a good one - I'm feeling alright. I ran with the girls this morning - just six miles, but I felt normal - then went to work and had a regular day. My legs are still a little bit sore, but I'm already thinking about the next race.

In theory, it was to be the Desert Half in Osoyoos; that bike course goes on part of the Ironman Canada course, so I thought it would be a good race to do. But I don't feel like traveling in two weeks again, so now I'm thinking either no race or Lake Stevens, again.

See, I'm getting people congratulating me on taking 41 minutes off my half-Ironman time. And I agree, that sounds big - but given the easy easy bike course at Pac Crest this year, I know it's not really the same.

But if I went out and did sub-6 at Lake Stevens...well, that would be a whole different story, wouldn't it?

Really, the only thing holding me back is the $200 entry fee. That's a lot of cash for a race I don't really need.

But maybe I will do it anyway. I need to decide soon; there are only a few slots left, the web site says.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Looking at your schedule, I would probably just scrap the Desert Half, and if you really want to do a race, see if you can find a local Oly or Sprint. While a two week recovery time from Half to Half can be done, you then have a double century the week after.

If it was me, I would just put in a solid week of training the week thru July 8, and maybe even see if I could do a "Destination Brick" (find some place cool to do a long brick ride you have not done before).

I dunno, it sounds like you feel pretty solid after these events. It's hard to say, but those are my suggestions ;-b

Murtha...

Wes said...

Everything you do at this point, needs to have one focus, and that's crossing the line at Ironman Canada. I know you are a smart lady. Just a gentle reminder to make sure it works for you...