Thursday, June 21, 2007

Off to Pacific Crest!

This morning we're taking off on a six or seven hour drive to Sun River, Oregon for the Pacific Crest half-Ironman. Yay!

It's so funny: I'm excited about it, not nervous at all, and when I think about how I felt last year before my two halfs, all I can say is what a dramatic change.

I guess planning to do a full Ironman really puts these smaller races in perspective. :-)

I'm feeling good; it's been a weird week. Tuesday I was completely down in the dumps, moping around, refusing to exercise, practically falling asleep standing up. And yesterday I was the opposite: almost manic, walking around like I had to hold myself back from a run, and feeling incredibly strong and powerful on my strenuous Wednesday ride with the boys.

It sort of feels like I'm on drugs, without the drugs.

One day at a time, right? It will sure be nice to get away today. Not sure how bloggy I will be from Sun River, but if I have internet access and something to say, you'll hear from me!

8 comments:

Wes said...

Woo hoo! I shoulda known you were racing! Have a great race!!!

wendy said...

Wow, I guess perspective does change quite a bit when you have Canada looming on the horizons.

Good luck, girl. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

Good luck Jess! Can't wait to read the race report!

Andy said...

Have a great time this weekend! What part of Oregon is that in? Just curious, I have lots of family that lives up there. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Tracy said...

Have an awesome race chica! Man, we'd ALMOST be hooking up there - had to change my schedule to the High Cliff Half on Sunday. Best of luck and have a blast!

Kate said...

Good luck- have a great time (at that "little" race...)

Anonymous said...

This might sound odd, but I came across your blog and it's very interesting!

P.S. When I first read your title I was shocked. You're a very pretty woman! "Fat Girl to Triathlete" didn't seem to fit!

Kate said...

I'm going to read the whole post, but I HAD to comment as soon as I saw your time! YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!