Monday, October 02, 2006

Check out my chafing!

Check this out! Marathons without BodyGlide are bad for my skin.


This one is on my side, towards my back, along my waistline. There's a twin to it on the other side, too. I wore shorts I'd never run long-distance in before. Guess that was dumb.


Here's a good one from my right leg. Yeah, the dreaded inner-thigh rub. I actually wore those shorts because I was afraid of rubbing - but had I just worn my MarathonGirl skirt with built-in panties, I would have put on the BodyGlide as a preventative measure. With the shorts, I didn't bother. I'm kind of baffled how this happened - was it from the shorts on my leg or from rubbing between my legs?


But this one is the best of all. It hurts A LOT too - I didn't notice it at all during the marathon, but immediately after I could feel it literally throbbing. This is from my heart rate monitor cutting into me. The weird thing is, I've had chafing from the HR monitor before, when I wear it for more than 90 minutes of intense exercise. So I use the Polar Heart Bra, which has a little pocket for the strap. The bottom edge of the strap doesn't even touch my body! So this happened from my bra, apparently. Ow ow ow. I can't sleep on my stomach or side right now - and I need to maintain very good posture so that the line stays straight across. When I'm hunched over a little, it hurts more. Fun!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I feel your pain! I did my best ever half in a pair of cheap shorts I'd never used for long runs before. My poor inner thighs!