Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend recap

Saturday we did a 12 or 13 mile run. It was such a gorgeous morning - very cool when we started, but we warmed up quickly. Gabriel came with us on his bike! Soooo cute - and such a tough guy, despite a pretty tough route for him (more of the road than expected had no sidewalk, and we went over a gorgeous trail for a mile or so that wasn't particularly easy for him to ride).

My eating was okay - I definitely found myself hungrier than in previous days, but I managed to keep things reasonable. I did meal-track, but on paper, and of course I left the paper at home. I ended up around 2000 calories for the day, which was okay because I burned more than 1000 running, plus 1600 for my base metabolic rate, plus some more from bouncing on big inflatable things with Camille at a birthday party I had to take her to. I sort of skipped dinner - we played poker, and I just didn't have time, so I munched on cut fruit and veggies and around 9:30 p.m. ate half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Later in the evening I ate about 200 calories worth of chocolate, which I had resisted up until that point, but...it was late, I was playing poker, and the candy was tempting me. But it was still okay.

Sunday I woke up and weighed myself and I was at 138.4! Yay! And despite going to Issaquah Salmon Days - a local festival with every unhealthy thing to eat you can imagine - my diet was okay until the evening. Then, John and I went out to celebrate our seventh anniversary (which is actually today). I made reasonable choices - shared a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, ate a salad (although it did have blue cheese on it) and then my entree was also a salad with fresh seared ahi - but then John and I shared some kind of chocolate sampler dessert thing and at the same time, something weird happened. I had had a glass of champagne at the beginning of dinner, and during dinner a glass and a half of wine - and by dessert, I was DRUNK. Not buzzed - I never felt buzzed - just full on drunk. It was nutty! So I ate too much chocolate and felt ridiculous.

See my next post for the aftermath of the drinking...but isn't it wrong that 2.5 glasses of alcohol puts me out of commission? Weird!

No comments: