Monday, October 09, 2006

The cure for the common hangover

Last night when I was drunk I called Aleks a few times to be silly. Of course, she hasn't talked to me yet today so maybe that was a bad idea and she's mad. We'll see. Anyway, one of the things I said was that I would be in spinning class today and we'd lift weights afterwards. I was sure she wouldn't believe that I'd really show up the day after being so drunk, so of course I had to.

(She wasn't there, though, which makes me wonder what she was doing last night!)

So anyway, waking up was painful. My head was pounding and I sort of felt like I wanted to puke. But I got myself in the car anyway and went to class.

The instructor is really good and had a fun workout planned - I noticed my heart rate was higher than usual, and I drank more water, but I was working hard and enjoying it. Afterwards, Wendy and I lifted weights together. And I felt a ton better! But I'm still not going to drink like that anymore. (I say "like that" as if I drank a lot - two and a half glasses of wine shouldn't be a lot, but obviously for me now it is!)

So here's where I am so far today:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/2 Vita top (couldn't eat) and milk in coffee: 80 cals
Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese and nectarine, milk in coffee: 320 cals
Lunch: Burrito with chicken, cheese, salsa, and avocado: 700 calories (est)
Snack: Dark chocolate, 85 calories
Dinner: McDonald's Asian Salad, 1/2 packet dressing, 390 cals (no fries AT ALL either!)
Second dinner: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 200 cals
TOTAL today: 1775 (high! yuck!)

Exercise:
1 hour indoor cycling
45 minutes strength training
700 calories burned

4 comments:

Wes said...

Probably more a symptom of not having any alcohol for a while, rather than drinking too much. Happy anniversary!!

:) said...

Happy Anniversary, you deserved the wine!

Aleks said...

Of course I'm not mad! My post today explains my MIA... and I LOVE DRUNK DIALS! I AM THE QUEEN OF DRUNK DIALS so how could I ever be angry about that!

That is an open invite to all... feel free to drunk dial me anytime. ;)

Andy said...

I must say that it usually takes me more than 2.5 drinks to feel crappy the next morning, but when I do so, you won't see me getting up to workout.

I think I can count on two hands the number of times I have had a meaningful/substantial amount to drink and then got up the next morning to workout or do something important. NOT FUN!

Kudos to you to get up and get that workout in no matter what is going on.

Yeah I have made a few of those phone calls to... :-)

Murtha...