Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Two great runs

I had a two-hour run scheduled for today, and I did it in two parts.

The first part was at 5:30 a.m. with Nancy and Kathy; the second part at 7 with Aleks, Latosha, and Wendy. I'm so flipping lucky to have all these women to run with! (I did it in two parts because that was the schedule that worked best for the gals - and I prefer to run with people than alone or on the treadmill.)

Um, other than that, I don't have much to say. My weight was 139.4 this morning. Not the lowest I've seen lately, with the 138.something this weekend, but it's good.

--Update--
I forgot to say something important! In this post, I talk about my orange sweater and how it doesn't fit. Well, I'm wearing it today, and I feel comfortable and thin enough to wear it! And Aleks also told me that it's exactly the sort of thing I should be wearing every day, not the big bulky sweater I fell in love with at J.Jill when we went shopping a few weeks ago. Sorry Wes, no camera here at work. :-)
---




Food:
Pre-workout: 1 Vitatop and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Workout: Jelly Belly Sport Beans, 100 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread, turkey, cheese: 420 cals
Lunch: Curried rice and lentil soup and oyster crackers, 250 cals
Snack: Starbucks Doubleshot Light (free! had to try it! YUM!), piece of dark chocolate, then, so I wouldn't crash, turkey and cheese: 195 cals
Dinner: Salad, bread, spaghetti with chicken and yummy tomato-basil sauce that I made: 700 cals
Total today: 1795 cals (acceptable since I burned 1100 in exercise)

Exercise:
Run 2 hours 10 minutes, 1100 calories burned

6 comments:

Wes said...

FYI:

Saturday, I weighed in at 206, and Monday I weighed in at 212. That's a six pound difference with no dietary change. I was drinking alot of fluids because I was out reffing all weekend.

Thought that might shed some light on your 14,000 calorie thingee you talked about last month.

Aleks said...

No, we're the lucky ones because we have you to run with and to push us!

Rachel said...

Did you break it up in 2 parts? I think it's easier that way. Way to go! A 2 hour run is really tough.

Wes said...

That's quite alright! I got video now. I assume that's Danielle running on the left, and you on the right...

Andy said...

I think that it is great that you are confident to wear whatever you want, including your orange sweater.

I could not watch your video until I got home from work yesterday, and I laughed my head off! Question, was that you behind the guy who hit the pole? In the slow motion replay at the end of the video, there is a bit of pink that shows up when the guy is falling to the ground, I thought that might be you.

Very jealous that you are able to not only run twice in the morning before you go to work, but that you were able to start your second run at 7am. I am getting ready to go to work around that time.

Jessica said...

Yes, Danielle and I were both right behind the guy who hit the pole. I'm unsure whose arm it is that reaches out to him - it happened so fast - but it's definitely Danielle who says "Sh*t!" :-)

And as everyone who knows me knows, work is what happens when I'm done exercising. :-) Plus I'm a techie, nobody comes to work until 10 a.m. at the earliest except me anyway.