Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day 4 of proper dieting

The more days I eat properly, the easier it gets - the strawberries dipped in chocolate from last night notwithstanding. However, this morning I am hungry again.

We ran 6 miles in an hour, then Aleks and I did core strength work and talked about how ripped we're going to get when we actually commit to three days a week of strength training. We both want arms like Danielle's. :-) I also did some leg work.

I'm getting a cold. I think there's a rule about you have to get a cold after you run a marathon. Oh well - when I exercise I don't notice it!

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and milk in coffee, 110 cals
Breakfast: Cottage cheese, nectarine, ham, cheese: 255 cals
Snack: 1/2 Pria bar, 85 cals
Lunch: 20/20 chicken sausage penne, 390 cals
Snack: Turkey and cheese, 95 cals
Total so far: 935 calories
Got home from work snack: Pineapple and cantaloupe, 180 cals
Dinner: Pork tenderloin, asparagus, 1 oz cheese: 375 cals
Dark chocolate: Yes, it's a meal of its own. 100 cals
Total for the day: 1590 cals <--going up from previous days...am I getting looser with my eating, or just hungry?

Exercise:
Run 1 hour
Strength train 1/2 hour
600 calories burned

3 comments:

Kate said...

good work sticking to plan. It does get easier as you get on- I need to remember that! The 20/20 meal sounds good :-) How does 20/20 work?

Jessica said...

20/20 is an incredible weight-loss program. You work with a dietician, personal trainer, support group, doctor, and psychologist to basically change your life. It's run out of the Pro Sports Club, and they have 20/20 specific meals in their cafe and restaurant. The program is expensive, but my work covered 80% of it since I was medically obese - so it cost around $8,000 but I paid less than $2K. I finished more than two years ago and pretty much kept the weight off since then.

Wes said...

Yea, nothing like a foursome of ripped princesses. Now, if we could just get that picture... Princesses? Camera phone? Jess doesn't have to know :-)