Friday, October 13, 2006

Using FitDay

I'll give credit to Jessi for the idea - I've started using FitDay for my meal and exercise tracking. I love the little charts it creates!

Like her, I will have to tweak the values of different exercises to get the actual calories burned (per my HRM, which I trust more). However, another good benefit of using FitDay is that when I eat foods for which I don't know the calorie count and I guess, the tool makes me actually think through the number of calories I assign to a food. (It uses the formula fat grams * 9 + carb grams * 4 + protein grams * 4 need to equal something close to the total calories I put in.)

My weight this morning was 140 even, and it's Friday so I want to overeat. But yesterday was good, in general I'm on track, and today I'm wearing a size XXL sweater.

Why, you ask? Because I bought it in the girls' department. Not women's - GIRLS! :-) I take some sick pleasure in wearing clothes meant for 12-year-olds.

And while I'm on that subject, how cool is this! I went to Old Navy the other day to buy clothes for Camille (my three-year-old). She's got a long torso but short legs, so for pants I still shop in the toddler section, but for shirts, I can get her extra-smalls from the girls' department. Well, I found this cute black shirt that ties with lace in the middle - and they had an extra-small and an extra-large, so I bought one for each of us! So I can shop in the same department as my three-year-old. So ridiculous, but I think it's cute, too. (Of course, she doesn't want to wear it because it's not pink. Her mother's daughter, I guess!)

4 comments:

Kate said...

Being able to buy girls clothes is great- you save money and end up with stuff that other people haven't seen!

Have fun with fitday- I love it. Just need a HRM to make it actually worth my while.

Andy said...

There was a big phase when I was in college where people would go to the high end designer stores and try to find the XXL kids size so they could wear those brands for really cheap. (Polo, LeCoste, J Crew, etc...)

I thought the fact that you daughter did not want to wear it unless it was pink was cute!

I just posted pics of Emerald Pointe Triathlon today, come check it out when you get a sec.

Murtha...

Rachel said...

Pictures....we need pics!

Anonymous said...

I just started tinkering with FitDay today. I need something like this so the mindless snacking will stop!!!!! Thanks!