Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A sort of frustrating day...

But Danielle can make it all better. :-)

It's Wednesday - club ride day. So I change in my office, run outside to my car, get halfway there and realize I don't have car keys (so I can't get my bike out of the car). I run back to the office, get the keys, run back to the car, and...massive flat tire. On the bike, not the car. So I go to change it and realize it's completely blown the tire off the rim! I have like no time before the club ride is going to leave, and it's 5 minutes by bike away, so I try quickly to change the tire.

I get the new tube in, but something is wrong - it's twisted. I undo it and try again, and this time I just can't get the tire in the right position on the rim around the valve, and it's a short valve, so it doesn't work with my wheels very well, and by now it's 11:53 and the club ride meets at 11:45, leaves at 11:50.

So Danielle teaches indoor cycling at this time. I don't have my license or my membership card for the Pro Club, but I get in the car anyway. I'm also not dressed properly for an indoor ride, but I figure there's probably something in my locker (there was). I race there, get to class just as Danielle is starting, and ride indoors for an hour to fun music and an even more fun instructor. I worked hard, too, to make up for not being outside working hard...but it's also kind of too bad, because it's a GORGEOUS day.

Oh well.

My eating is still perfect! (I wrote this before the strawberries and chocolate, but it works out okay anyway). And I'm feeling good - less tired than I was earlier this week. And my weight was lower today than yesterday, though I'm only officially reporting it on Fridays now so you don't think I'm as obsessive as I really am. So here are today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Ham, cheese, yogurt, pear, milk in coffee: 315 cals
Lunch: Curried rice and lentil soup, crackers: 210 cals (and VERY filling!)
Snack: Turkey and cheese, 120 cals
Total so far: 645 calories
Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stir-fry, 1 slice bread: 400 calories
Dessert: Pineapple (1/2 cup) and strawberries dipped in chocolate, 400 calories
Total for the day: 1445 calories - not bad, despite the fruit!!!

Exercise:
Indoor cycling, 1 hour, 550 cals burned

1 comment:

Wes said...

Way to adapt and overcome! That's what I call taking advantage of your opportunities!!