Monday, January 08, 2007

Cruisin'!

Okay, so I'm somewhere near the Bahamas on this ship. We don't stop until Wednesday, so it doesn't really matter!

So far, I've eaten okay. All-you-can-eat seafood buffet full of lobster claws, king crab legs and shrimp make it easy to eat low-fat, and I'm not super-worried about the high cholesterol. And I haven't had too much alcohol. AND I worked out this morning - 30 minutes on an elliptical, plus strength training - AND, this is so wonderful, they have real spinning bikes and teach spinning classes, so I can still cycle!

So so far, so good. I love vacation.

Oh, and one more very important thing: the main reason I'm online right now is to remind any friends of mine that are crazy that the Disney World Marathon registration opened today. I'm going to do the Goofy Challenge - a half marathon on the 12th and a full on the 13th! (This is January 2008.) Since the 12th is my birthday, I can't imagine a better way to spend my time - plus the kids get a great trip.

Okay, gotta run. Much fun to be had. Have a fab day!

4 comments:

Wes said...

My kids cross country team does the Disney Half Marathon every year. It's fun and a little warmer down in Orlando. Lots of fun!

Kate said...

I want to do Goofy! But it definitely should wait til I have kids, so I'll save it up til then!

Steven said...

You are missing some LOVELY Pacific Northwest weather by being on that silly ol' boat.

Too bad!

But I'm sure you're having a great time as I would be!

Aleks said...

You are officially insane. :) I would be more than happy to run one of the days, just let me know which one you want the support on. I think I may already know...