Monday, January 22, 2007

I got the boot

And here it is:



Uh, yeah. So I thought I was going to the podiatrist today to get clearance for running.

Not a chance. Now he thinks it's extensor tendinitis and I have to wear this thing 90% of my waking hours - plus, no running, snowboarding, and he'd prefer no cycling (I have a modified thing he wants me to do - put my heel on the pedal - but honestly, I think that's dumb. Clipped in, my foot doesn't move around much. So I'm thinking I can still cycle just fine.)

So obviously I'm pretty upset about this.

Anyway, three good things happened today.

1) I finally tried out my SwiMP3 player, and it is undoubtedly the best swimming invention ever. Instead of counting the minutes until I could get out of the pool, I was figuring out how long I could stay in!

2) I rode my new bike, and it fits PERFECTLY. Like it was made for me, which it kind of was, since it's got that seatpost that you have to cut to adjust. But it was wonderful and I paid in full for it and I'm a very happy girl.

3) My dad sent me a birthday present of a fresh fruit basket and it's so yummy I could eat it all right now. But it's especially good because I've been home from vacation for a week (although I was away for the weekend) and still haven't gone grocery shopping, so there's been nothing fresh in my house for a while!

Anyway, much more on the SwimP3 and of course the new bike later...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch, that sucks. :( But I'm glad your bike fits! Also, you are not the first person I've heard rave about the swimp3 - I might have to try one out.

Aleks said...

Nope, I won't believe it until I see it for myself. I guess this is a good way to force yourself to swim more, but it's still really crappy. I want a SwimP3 player! I'm going to join you in the pool next week, thing you can do egg beater drills with the injury?

Prrrrreeeettttyyyyy bike! :)

LoneStarCrank said...

word has it that boot is the "must have" fashion accessory for the season.

do what you need to do to come back stronger... here's to hoping for a FULL recovery! Then give that new bike a run for it.

The Stretch Doc said...

OK, I missed it somewhere on why you need the boot but dont worry for whatever reason it will help down the road! Awesome BIKE!! and I gotta look into that swimp3 thingy..
rockon`

Wes said...

Blah! Sorry to hear about your foot. You are correct. That bike is just suweeeeet! Holding back the jealousy!! That SwimP3 player has to be cool. I'm sure you will enjoy rockin those waves...