Tuesday, January 30, 2007

One day at a time

Yesterday I managed to eat fewer than 1000 calories and not feel hungry!

I've still got a ways to go to drop the pounds I need to. It's going to take weeks of days like yesterday (actually, not quite - I meant to eat 1200 calories, but I had to not eat after 6:30 p.m. because I had a fasting glucose and cholesterol test this morning, and I didn't get to another 200 before 6:30) to reach my goal of 130 pounds.

But I need to celebrate every little success.

I couldn't do a real workout this morning since I was having that blood test (it's in preparation for the scary appointment next week, when I get weighed and measured and compared to previous weights and measurements), so I just did a nice zone 1 swim.

Yes, swim! I even enjoyed it, thanks to the best invention ever SwiMP3 player. I finally figured out how to adjust the volume, and I also connected it to my regular goggles instead of the ones it comes with (mostly because my regular goggles just fit my face better). I did one mile in 40 minutes - so very slow, but the doctor says not to exercise prior to the blood test, so I watched the heart rate carefully to be sure I stayed in zone 1.

It was actually really hard to do that, too - I was kind of embarrassed to be going that pace. But I reminded myself that no one is watching me and no one cares, and I worked on stroke mechanics.

The weight loss program I did - 20/20 Lifestyles - just asked me to be in their marketing materials as they roll out the program nationwide. So I really really really need to stay on track. I know that to them, I am a success. But for me, I need to be vigilant every single day to stay that way. I sure don't feel successful every day!

3 comments:

Duane said...

1 mile in 40 minutes? Slow? That's pretty darn good! Keep on tracking!

LoneStarCrank said...

Congrats on getting to share your success story. You'll no doubt lead others to follow...and it will be great accountability.

I'd kill for a 40 minute mile... while not exactly kill, but I may die trying. Good work

Wes said...

You area success! Every day in my book. Certainly over the long haul where it really counts. Go, Jess, go!!