Monday, January 29, 2007

Life to-do list

There are a bunch of things I want to do "someday." I don't know when "someday" will be, but I imagine I'm much more likely to get my things done (or at least some of them) if I write them down.

So here's the start of my list; I plan to add to it as things occur to me. It's interesting to me how many of these things wouldn't have made the list three years ago (like, most of them). The world definitely got bigger when I got smaller.

1. Qualify for and run in the Boston Marathon
2. Complete an Ironman triathlon
3. Trail-run to the top of Half-Dome in Yosemite
4. Participate in the Death Ride in California
5. Complete an ultramarathon - at least 50 miles
6. Heli-ski (or snowboard)
7. Climb Mt. Rainier
8. Adventure race - probably multi-day
9. Go to Antarctica
10. Ride my bike coast-to-coast
11. Ride my bike on the Cape Cod Rail Trail with my family
12. Ride a hard stage of the Tour de France (not in the Tour, duh)
13. Take at least six months to do something unconventional. Live on a boat?
14. Be a ski bum for a season
15. Have a real honeymoon with my hubby

3 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Nice list! I remember climbing Half-Dome with my Dad - can't imagine trail running it. And #14 sounds really fun :)

ItchyBits said...

Okay! Nice bike! I remember hearing a fit "expert" say that the number one thing that women do wrong when they buy a bike is buy one too big. Sounds like you flushed it out pretty good - congrats!

Kate said...

Cool list! I have one of those too- I separated it into categories, and "sport" is embarrassingly long (though it overlaps a lot with "travel"!)