Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New year, same old me

Well, I'm starting the new year with the extra Christmas pounds gone. It's amazing how far a little discipline can go.

The day after Christmas - one week ago - the scale read 146.6. Today it read 141.6. And because of the Fat Cyclist challenge, the Pro Club's request to use me in their promotional brochures, my goal race weight, my first Ironman, the cute bikinis I want to wear on my cruise next week, among other things, I'm feeling motivated.

So I'm back to using FitDay. I didn't track yesterday because it was hard to measure the yummy things I ate at brunch, but I did eat in moderation and I feel good about the fact that the scale was lower today than yesterday, despite not tracking.

Thank goodness the Pro Club has power again, too. I did some strength training plus indoor cycling this morning, and cycling felt good. I'm not running because of my foot - at least until after my vacation next week (yes, vacation immediately following vacation. How else to do it?) - so this week I'm going to focus on cycling, then next week on vacation I'll get back into the pool.

I don't think I blogged this yet! John gave me a SwiMP3 player for Christmas! It's an mp3 player you wear in the water. I can't wait to try it out.

Anyway, happy new year, everyone, and good luck on your resolutions! Here are mine. I think they're realistic.

1) Watch some James Bond movies. Danielle, our husbands and I went to a James Bond-themed New Year's Eve party and I had to admit I'd never seen a single one.

2) Drink more coffee. Yes, really. Coffee makes me happy.

3) Get my hubby working out regularly. His weight was 203 over the holidays, and needs to be like 165. So I'm going to enable him to work out by giving him the time and encouragement he needs and help him get in shape (and yes, he wants this. I think).

4 comments:

Steven said...

Let us know what you think of the SwiMP3...I'm curious. And stay persistent on getting hubby working out...you will both reap the benefits.

Rachel said...

Congrats on losing the weight from x-mas already! That's awesome. I love my Swimp3 player. The sound quality isn't great but it's nice to have some tunes on long pool swims.

PS. I love coffee too!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good job on getting closer to your goals. Hopefully, hubba will work out regularly as you want.

Let us know how the SwiMP3 works.

Stay tuned...

Kate said...

Definitely looking forward to hearing about the swimp3!

Congrats on the dedication.. send any spare my way!